It’s been over a year since COVID-19 has resulted in lockdowns and restrictions that limit forest protection and conservation efforts. Despite this, Forest Foundation Philippines continues its efforts to protect and conserve the country’s forests.
In 2020, Forest Foundation launched its COVID-19 Response and Recovery Grant Program to support adaptive management strategies that will mitigate further losses on forest conservation gains and efforts. Specifically, it supports new projects in response to the recovery of forests and forest-dependent communities.
The list of eligible activities and interventions are listed below:
1. Grow Forests:
- Forest bathing/therapy areas assessment and mapping
- Zoonotic threats and risk assessment and mapping
- Expanding green spaces in urban areas
2. Grow Livelihoods:
- Feasibility studies
- Ecotourism or community-based enterprise development
3. Grow Partnerships:
- Partnerships with various stakeholders and sectors
- Capacity and capability building
- Management planning
4. Grow Advocates:
- Documenting experiences and lessons
- IEC material development for forest and health promotions
If you have proposals on protecting and conserving our forests amid the pandemic, submit it at:https://grants.forestfoundation.ph.