Forest Foundation Philippines (doing business as Philippine Tropical Forest Conservation Foundation (PTFCF), Inc.) is a non-stock, non-profit, non-government organization that provides grants and technical assistance to organizations and individuals that empower the people to protect the forests. The Foundation was established in 2002 to manage conservation funds by virtue of two bilateral agreements between the governments of the Philippines and the United States of America.
To effectively manage the fund, the Foundation crafted its medium-term strategy, the Results Framework 2017-2021. Under this framework, the Foundation supported over 300 projects that focused on the protection and sustainable management of its four focal landscapes: Sierra Madre, Palawan, Samar and Leyte, Palawan, and Bukidnon and Misamis Oriental. These projects helped restore 1,243 ha of forests, improved the management of over 1 million ha of forestlands, empowered 211 community-based organizations, and supported 108 community-level livelihoods.
Under the new medium-term Results Framework, the Foundation continues to employ the sustainable forest landscape approach from 2023 to 2027. The Foundation, together with its grantees and partners, will continue to protect and sustainably manage the forests for water, land, and biodiversity, while also fostering forest-related climate action. The Foundation seeks to achieve four immediate outcomes:
- Grow Forests: Enhanced forested landscapes that provide multiple ecosystem goods and services;
- Grow Opportunities: Improved multi-stakeholder engagement through sustainable livelihoods and incentives;
- Grow Partners: Strengthened cross-sectoral partnerships for sustainable forest management; and
- Grow Advocates: Enhanced knowledge management and strategic communications.
With this, the Foundation is looking for an Audit Associate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Audit Associate shall perform the following duties consistent with the provisions of the bilateral agreements between the Governments of Republic of the Philippines (GRP) and the United States of America (USG) regarding the Reduction of a Certain Debt Owed to the USG and its Agencies and the establishment of a Tropical Forest Conservation Fund as well as Foundation policies such as the Operations and Personnel Manual.
Specifically, the Audit Associate shall be required to perform the following duties and functions:
- Conduct of project audits
- Assists in monitoring of compliance with audit recommendations
- Assists in updating and monitoring of target audits
- Coordinates with project partner & concerned staff of the Foundation on audit schedules and during conduct of project audits
- Participates in planning & budgeting activities of the Internal Audit Office
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- Non-CPAs who had at least 2 years audit experience (either corporate or NGOs) or CPA with at least 1 year audit experience (advantage if with an NGOs)
- Good analytical thinking
- Strong communication skills (written & oral)
- With good interpersonal skills
- Can work under pressure and minimal supervision
The following certifications and experiences are not required for this position, but will be an advantage:
- Professional certification in accounting
- Professional experience in financial audit
- Professional experience in a non-profit setting
Compensation and Benefits:
The hired personnel shall be paid commensurate to his/her qualifications and professional experience. Salary will be ranging from PHP 35,000.00 to 40,000.00 (gross) monthly. Benefits will include mandatory government contributions, allowance and insurances.
Duration and Places of Work:
The Audit Associate post is a fixed 1-year engagement. He/she will be based in Forest Foundation Philippines’ office in Makati City, with occasional travel and work in the project sites.
Interested applicants are requested to send an application to Atty. Jose Andres Canivel, Executive Director, through email@example.com on or before February 25, 2024. Indicate “Audit Associate” as the subject of the email.
Applicants shall submit the following through email:
- One-page letter of intent, addressed to Atty. Jose Andres Canivel, Executive Director
- Curriculum vitae (3-5 pages only)
- List of at least three character references
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the Foundation.