Forest Foundation Philippines (doing business as Philippine Tropical Forest Conservation Foundation (PTFCF), Inc.) is a non-stock, non-profit, non-government organization that provides grants and technical assistance to organizations and individuals that empower the people to protect the forests. The Foundation was established in 2002 to manage conservation funds by virtue of two bilateral agreements between the governments of the Philippines and the United States of America.
To effectively manage the fund, the Foundation crafted its medium-term strategy, the Results Framework 2017-2021. Under this framework, the Foundation supported over 300 projects that focused on the protection and sustainable management of its four focal landscapes: Sierra Madre, Palawan, Samar and Leyte, Palawan, and Bukidnon and Misamis Oriental. These projects helped restore 1,243 ha of forests, improved the management of over 1 million ha of forestlands, empowered 211 community-based organizations, and supported 108 community-level livelihoods.
Under the new medium-term Results Framework, the Foundation continues to employ the sustainable forest landscape approach until 2027. The Foundation, together with its grantees and partners, will continue to protect and sustainably manage the forests for water, land, and biodiversity, while also fostering forest-related climate action. The Foundation seeks to achieve four immediate outcomes:
- Grow Forests: Enhanced forested landscapes that provide multiple ecosystem goods and services;
- Grow Opportunities: Improved multi-stakeholder engagement through sustainable livelihoods and incentives;
- Grow Partners: Strengthened cross-sectoral partnerships for sustainable forest management; and
- Grow Advocates: Enhanced knowledge management and strategic communications.
The Foundation is looking for a Librarian who will update the catalog of its books and publications collection, as well as design a basic system for its storage and retrieval. The work will be an output-based, fixed-term consultancy engagement.
Scope of Work:
- Catalog and classify the library resources (800 to 1,000 physical books) of the Foundation;
- Develop a system for the online catalog of the library;
- Update the manual on maintaining the library catalog;
- Provide recommendations on the physical arrangement and materials needed for the maintenance of the library resources; and
- Provide necessary orientation to the staff on the use of the updated library manual.
- Fresh graduates, or early-career professionals with one to three years of relevant work experience;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Proficiency with the use of database software such as Microsoft Excel; and
- Proactive, organized, and resourceful.
Arrangements and Professional Fee:
The engagement of service is four months. The work will be an output-based, fixed-term consultancy engagement. The Librarian will be required to develop a work plan to address the scope of work and report to the Foundation’s office at least twice a week. The total cost of engagement is PHP 160,000, to be in paid in monthly tranches.
Interested applicants are requested to send an application to Girlie Ruta, Administrative Officer, through [email protected] on or before October 10, 2023. Indicate “Librarian” as the subject of the email.
Applicants shall submit the following through email:
- Letter of application, addressed to Atty. Jose Andres Canivel, Executive Director;
- Curriculum vitae, with three character references; and
- Relevant attachments, such as certifications.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the Foundation.