Forest Foundation Philippines (also known as Philippine Tropical Forest Conservation Foundation (PTFCF), Inc.) is a non-stock, non-profit, non-government organization established in 2002, under two bilateral agreements between the governments of the Philippines and the United States of America. The Foundation provides grants and technical assistance to organizations that empower the people to protect the forests.
Through a Second Tropical Forest Conservation Agreement (TFCA II) in 2013, the Foundation administers USD 32M over ten years to employ a sustainable landscape approach in achieving its goal. In 2017, the Foundation launched its Results Framework 2017-2021 to serve as its medium-term strategy in contributing to the protection and sustainable management of the Philippine forests and its biodiversity. The Results Framework provides the overall approach and target outcomes in realizing this vision. Specifically, the Framework aims to:
- Establish a participatory and coordinated strategy to natural resource management on a large scale;
- Increase understanding on the impacts of management decisions on forest ecosystems products and services;
- Mitigate climate change by reducing emissions from forest degradation and deforestation (REDD-Plus) activities consistent with the Philippine National REDD-Plus Strategy; and
- Ensure the satisfaction of local needs while contributing to national commitments and global targets.
The Results Framework was developed with consideration of the Foundation’s more than a decade of experience in grants management. It also encapsulated relevant elements from various national development plans, such as the Philippine Development Plan, Master Plan for Forestry Development, National Climate Change Action Plan (NCCAP), Philippine Biodiversity Action Plan (PBSAP), among others. At the core of the framework is the support for activities consistent with the Philippine National REDD-Plus Strategy (PNRPS). Under the Framework, priority will be provided to the forested landscapes lying within the geographic areas of Sierra Madre, Samar/Leyte, Palawan, and Bukidnon/Misamis Oriental, given their ecological significance and importance to its neighboring provinces and regions.
The purpose of this engagement is to engage a Knowledge Management and Communications Associate, who can support the development and implementation of Forest Foundation Philippines’ Knowledge Management, Communications, and Advocacy program.
Scope of Work:
Under the guidance of the Executive Director and direct supervision of the Knowledge Management Officer and Communications Officer, the Associate is expected to ensure timely and high-quality delivery of the following:
- Support the development and implementation of Knowledge Management and Communications plans of the Foundation;
- Organize the institutional brand and knowledge assets of the Foundation;
- Support content development and editorial review for institutional publications, website, and social media channels;
- Coordinate activities related to fostering knowledge sharing and promotion of knowledge products;
- Provide technical and administrative support in the conduct of face-to-face and online events, including support in the development, implementation, and documentation of institutional activities;
- Document institutional meetings and learning events, as necessary; and
- Collaborate with the KM, Communications, and Program teams in any other activity related to communication and knowledge sharing.
Required Qualifications, Experiences, and Competencies:
- University Degree in Development Communication, Social Sciences, Development Studies, or other related fields. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply. Relevant work experience/s is an advantage.
- Focuses on impact and result for the client, and responds positively to feedback
- Proactive approach to work, good follow-up and follow-through
- Is organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to communicate technically complex information clearly and concisely
- Excellent communication, analytical and writing skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
Contract and Salary Range:
- Fixed term employment for one (1) year, with possibility of extension
- Gross monthly salary of Php 25,000 to Php 40,000 depending on the qualifications, with additional monthly allowances amounting to Php 10,000
- The Associate is expected to report to the Foundation’s office in Makati City, Philippines, with potential travel and fieldwork to Foundation’s focal landscapes and project sites
Interested applicants are requested to send an application to the Executive Director through [email protected] on or before 21 April 2022. Indicate “KM and Communications Associate” as the subject of the email. Applicants shall submit the following through email:
- Comprehensive CV, indicating relevant experience, contact details (email and phone number), and at least two professional references; and
- Letter of intent (not more than one page) briefly describing the suitability of the applicant.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the Foundation.