About the SIBOL Project:
Forest Foundation Philippines is co-implementing the Philippines Sustainable Interventions for Biodiversity, Oceans, and Landscapes (SIBOL) Project (2020-2025) to support the sustainable management of the country’s natural resources and combat environmental crimes. The SIBOL project provides support to the Philippine government to achieve its goals of improving natural resource governance and stimulating public and private investments, leading to greater ecosystem stability and inclusive green growth. Specifically, the project facilitates the achievement of the following outputs: (a) governance of natural resources improved; (2) sustainable natural resources sector managed; and (c) environmental crimes and unsustainable environmental practices reduced. The SIBOL project is ongoing implementation in: (1) Mount Mantalingahan Protected Landscape, Puerto Princesa Underground River, and Cleopatra’s Needle in Palawan; (2) Siargao Island Protected Landscape and Seascape in Surigao del Norte; and (3) Masinloc-Oyon Bay Protected Landscape and Seascape in Zambales.
The project is funded by the U.S. government, through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). It is co-implemented through a consortium led by RTI International, in partnership with Center for Conservation Innovations, Zoological Society of London, and the Resources, Environment, and Economics Center for Studies. As one of the SIBOL partners, Forest Foundation will bring innovative grants to fund strategic, targeted, and sustainable activities.
To fulfill the above tasks, Forest Foundation Philippines is in need of an Administrative and Finance Officer for SIBOL Project.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Administrative and Finance Officer:
Reporting to the Project Coordinator and coordinating with the Comptroller, the Administrative and Finance Officer for SIBOL Project will be responsible for the financial and administrative work of SIBOL project activities within Forest Foundation. The Administrative and Finance Officer for SIBOL Project will:
- Review and appraise the financial plans of the project proposals to guarantee appropriate funding support;
- Review project financial accomplishment reports and ensure that the project financial transactions adhere to the Foundation’s financial policies and guidelines;
- Monitor the financial progress, track budget, and manage financial risks and opportunities of the projects funded by the Foundation;
- Prepare monthly invoices and submit to RTI Philippines;
- Prepare monthly financial statements and financial reports;
- Provide assistance to partners in developing budget proposals, including the conduct of financial management orientation and other relevant capacity-building interventions;
- Assist in improving procedures and schedules for grant applications, review, and monitoring;
- Record all transactions and expenses related to the SIBOL project;
- Update the book of accounts of the SIBOL project;
- Provide administrative support to the SIBOL project team (e.g. insurances, hotel accommodation, flight, and vehicle reservations);
- Support the established internal administrative systems and controls;
- Maintain updated documentation, filing, folders, and administrative data management of the project;
- Perform other related functions that may be assigned by the Project Coordinator for SIBOL and Executive Director.
The applicant should possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or equivalent;
- At least 2 years of continuous work experience, performing finance and administrative functions (experience in development work, NGOs, and/or donor-funded project is an advantage)
- Has high integrity, is results-driven, and strives for excellence;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Team player, but can work independently;
- Ability to work across diversified culture to deal with emerging problems jointly with co-workers and project partners;
- Excellent communication skills; and able to to travel to SIBOL project sites;
- With genuine commitment to the environment and community.
Duration and Places of Work:
The Administrative and Finance Officer for SIBOL Project is a project-based position. It must be fulfilled for the remainder of the SIBOL project until 2025. He/she will report to the Foundation’s office in Makati City, with occasional work in the SIBOL sites (Zambales, Palawan, and Siargao).
There will be a six-month probation period at the commencement of work. The individual contract will be reconfirmed annually by the Executive Director.
The Administrative and Finance Officer for SIBOL Project will receive an annual salary of PHP 420,000 to PHP 460,000 annually, depending on the qualifications. Every month, the Officer will also receive a monthly allowance of PHP 10,000.
Interested applicants are requested to send an application to Atty. Jose Andres Canivel, Executive Director through [email protected] on or before May 19, 2023. Indicate “Administrative and Finance Officer for SIBOL Project” as the subject of the email.
Applicants shall submit the following through email:
- One-page letter of intent;
- Curriculum vitae (3-5 pages only); and
- List of at least three character references.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the Foundation.
About Forest Foundation Philippines:
Forest Foundation Philippines (doing business as Philippine Tropical Forest Conservation Foundation (PTFCF), Inc.) is a non-stock, non-profit, non-government organization that provides grants and technical assistance to organizations and individuals that empower the people to protect the forests. The Foundation was established in 2002, under two bilateral agreements between the Governments of the Philippines and the United States of America to treat and redirect around USD 32M of debt into a Tropical Forest Conservation Fund over ten years.