Apply for a Scholarship
Download the scholarship application pack here: Small GrantMedium Grant and Large Grant
The Plant Science Scholarship Program aims to provide an opportunity for Filipinos to pursue postgraduate studies in the field of plant science. Upon completion of the study programs, the scholars are expected to contribute to the country’s development.
What are the programs covered by the scholarship?
For 2017-2018, the Program will provide scholarships for MS and PhD students.
The coursework for applicants is limited to the study of plant science (preferably plant taxonomy and systematics; minor in any of the allied fields of ethnobotany, plant physiology, plant genetics, plant developmental biology, or ecology).
Who can apply for the scholarship?
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Be a Filipino citizen, residing in the Philippines;
- Have worked in the Philippines since completing the highest tertiary qualification gained to date, preferably for at least two years prior to application, related to the eligible field of study;
- Be a new MS or PhD student who has satisfied the admission requirements of an eligible Philippine university or college institution, at which the qualification will be undertaken OR meet the academic requirements for their courses of study;
- Not hold any other scholarship at the time of application and during the time of scholarship;
- Not be more than 50 years old at the time of application;
- Have a strong commitment and motivation to use their studies and experience to contribute to the country’s development; and
- Be able to complete the program within the academic years of the scholarship offer.
What will be covered by the scholarship?
We will provide funds for the following:
- Full cost of tuition fees and other school fees;
- Monthly stipend of Php 15,000 for MS students and Php 20,000 for PhD students;
- Book allowance of Php 5,000 per semester;
- One round-trip transportation cost (economy-class and most direct route) from home to university institution, but it should not exceed Php 30,000;
- Monthly transportation allowance of Php 1,000 per month;
- Annual accident insurance; and
- For MS and PhD Thesis/Dissertation, where research comprises more than 50% of the study program, a thesis/dissertation grant, including provision for fieldwork/travel:
- MS students: Php 200,000
- PhD students: Php 450,000
In addition, we will:
- Regularly monitor the academic progress of the scholars;
- Provide necessary instruction, information, and services to complete the approved study program within the minimum specified time: (a) two years for MS students and (b) 3 years for PhD students; and
- Provide the following incentives:
- Provide information and necessary arrangement for the scholars to conduct their research on our project sites;
- Upon completion of the study program, include the scholars’ name and contact details our pool of experts, provide the options for possible consultancy engagements in Energy Development Corporation (EDC); and/or provide the necessary information and arrangement to teach at a local university.
How can I apply for the scholarship?
Interested entities may send their applications, with the requirements below, through mail or e-mail.
- Letter of intent;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Evidence of acceptance to study in any of the State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) in the Philippines;
- Authenticated copies of Academic Transcripts of Records and Diploma of the highest tertiary qualification at the date of application;
- At least two (2) recommendation letters from professors, advisers, supervisors and/or employers (original copies, in sealed envelopes); and
- Evidence of correspondence with a potential supervisor (for PhD students only).
The Executive Director
Forest Foundation Philippines
2F Valderrama Bldg., 107 Esteban St., Legaspi Village 1229 Makati City, Philippines
When can I apply for the scholarship?
Applications should be submitted on or before June 30, 2017 for the 1st semester of A.Y. 2017-2018 and November 30, 2017 for the 2nd semester of A.Y. 2017-2018.
How will the scholarship applications be evaluated?
Applicants will be selected on merit of the proposed study, including its potential benefits to the communities and the country. Priority will be given to applicants who have demonstrated high academic standards, especially in their undergraduate degree.
How can I get more information about the scholarship program?